Sunday, February 12, 2012

Review: Ferentino's Pizzeria

I'm a die hard foodie. I would go through great lengths and measures if I really wanted to indulge in something yummy. It's really a surprise that I'm not 500 pounds.

Last summer, my cousins introduced me to a local pizzeria in downtown Lake Forest. Like any other pizza shop, Ferentino's offers a variety of Italian dishes, but they're notorious for their amazing pizza and delicious pastas. And for the record, if I could, I would marry their pasta.

Photo by: Maryem Abdulla


Since there are only two locations, both in Lake Forest, it's a rare treat when I go. Although I typically visit Lake Forest almost every weekend to see my cousins, they usually object when I suggest we go there for lunch every week. But when we do go, it's almost magical.

Photo by: Maryem Abdulla


I've almost always had pasta each time I've visited, mainly because it's fun to order. They have to lists: one with all the pasta options, and another with all the sauces they offer and you can mix and match any way you like. Each time I try to get something new, and I have yet to be disappointed.

I'm never afraid to try something new, and when I found out that they offered clam sauce for their pasta, I died . The only down side to this sauce is that the clam to pasta ratio wasn't equal, and in the end I was left with a pile of clams and no pasta to eat them with.

So, if you decide to drive the dozens of miles to indulge in a plate of life changing pasta, have fun, eat up, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment